But, I’ve also experienced my own grief and loss.
I went through the heartache of a bad marriage and divorce. With a lot of love and support I recovered and went on to meet my now husband, whom I love dearly.
But, during the divorce I got my little dog, Mia, to help me make it through. So it hit me really hard when I lost her (see Puppy Love). I know it sounds silly, but it was the biggest loss I had experienced at that time.
And a few years ago I lost my mom. She was disabled and had a very hard life. I grieved for all she had to go through. And I grieved when I lost her. I still miss her and think about her almost every day.
But I reached out for support through each of these losses and found incredible love and healing.
And I would like to extend my hand to you — to offer you love and support as you walk through your difficult time.
On a lighter note…
Some Fun Facts About Me
1. My husband and I moved to Ventura in 2015. We wanted to get out of the Los Angeles cray-cray and have a better quality of life. We absolutely love it here. We can see why locals call it “Maybury By the Sea.”
2. I met my husband swing-dancing. And I’ve been known to do a bit of country dancing.
3. I grew up in the SFO Bay Area. As a teenager, it was great to hang out in The City and do all the touristy stuff for free.
4. I love animals. As a kid, I once had over 60 pets at the same time. My sister and I had quite the collection of turtles, chameleons, rabbits, hamsters, fish, seahorses, a dog, a cat, and even a pony.
5. I’ve done 2 “Ropes” courses — where you climb up a tree and walk across a rope or jump off a telephone pole 25 feet above the ground. (I was quite the scaredy-cat at first. So afterward, I felt like I could do anything!)
6. My favorite TV shows are Better Call Saul, Four Weddings and a Funeral, and now we’re watching Heartland. And when those aren’t available we watch reality TV — Survivor, Million Dollar Listing L.A. and New York, Gold Rush … (We watched A LOT of TV during the pandemic. ;)
7. Water is my happy place. I love swimming and snorkeling. :))
8. I love hypnosis and how your unconscious/inner wisdom knows exactly how to help you heal.
9. My own spiritual journey continues to evolve. But, I’m beginning to understand — LOVE is all that really matters.
10. My favorite saying is “Live, Laugh, Love.” <3