This is my video about How to Get Through those Stupid Arguments so You End Up Even Closer:
- If you (or he) overreact to something the other person says it’s probably pulling up feelings from the past
- It’s really important to stop and take a time-out
- Be aware of what your head is telling you during the time-out (make sure it’s not going negative on you)
- Instead use that time to look at your part and how your fight might be pulling up feelings from your past relationships, childhood, etc.
- When you come back together, you can share “your part” and hopefully your partner can do the same
- Once you know each other’s tender/vulnerable areas are, you can be more sensitive to them, which can bring you even closer
I’d love to hear your thoughts about how you get through stupid arguments, how you fight fair, or anything else you’d care to share! Just click below to share!
Take Good Care,